Black exporter strategy consultations
EDC is committed to helping Black-owned and -led businesses grow and expand into international markets. Research shows Black businesses face significant barriers to growth. Unfortunately, there’s a lack of data about the challenges to exporting faced by Black business owners. That’s why EDC is hosting consultations with key stakeholders, including Black entrepreneurs currently exporting or planning to export and Black business-serving organizations.
Facilitated by Dave D’Oyen, our first national lead for Black exporters consultations are scheduled for April 5 to 14 to:
- Identify and understand the barriers to exporting faced by Canadian Black-owned and -led businesses
- Connect directly with Black business owners, leaders, and other corporate partners from across Canada to create a strategy that supports Black exporters
- Join us in the search for solutions to help your company grow through international trade.
Below are some questions we will use to guide our discussion during the consultation:
- Tell us about your business.
- What are your goals and growth strategy?
- Tell us about when you needed financing and what that experience was like for you.
- What type of financing would help your operations and growth ambitions?
- Where do you typically look for financial support?
- What has worked well for growing your business?
- What has been challenging for growing your business?
- What challenges have you faced doing business outside Canada?
- If you could have anything to grow your business, what would it be?
Please take some time to think about your answers. We look forward to meeting you and learning how we can best support you to enter international markets.
Reserve your spot today:
1. Tuesday, Apr. 5, 12 – 1 p.m. PT (BC) / (3 – 4 p.m. ET)
2. Wednesday, Apr. 6, 12 – 1 p.m. MT (AB) / (2 – 3 p.m. ET)
3. Thursday, Apr. 7, 12 – 1 p.m. ET (ON) (QC) (presented in English and French)
4. Tuesday, Apr. 12, 12 – 1 p.m. ET (ON) (QC) (presented in English and French)
5. Wednesday, Apr. 13 ,12 – 1 p.m. ET (ON) (QC) (presented in English and French)
6. Thursday, Apr. 14, 12 – 1 p.m. AT (NS) / (11 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET)