❝If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.❞
— Kofi Annan
Benefits of Volunteering With BWPW Co-op
- Build Interpersonal Skills — improve your soft skills quotient; emotional intelligence, resilience, critical thinking, leadership, communication, and build your social capital, connections and bonds with like-minded yet diverse groups of people.
- Explore Multiculturalism — learn how to work effectively in diverse teams, be curious, open, inclusive and respectful of all cultures.
- Upskill — apply your knowledge and learn new skills in multidisciplinary areas of the cooperative and community development sectors.
- Share Your Resources and Expertise — opportunities to share your skills, resources and subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate — work with people based on shared values, innovate and co-create solutions in both your local communities and globally, while applying a blended matrix of sustainable, indigenous and contemporary frameworks.
- Develop — build and hone your entrepreneurial skills, learn about indigenous financial models and the solidarity economy.
Summer 2023 Volunteer Opportunities (Remote)
• Business Development
• Strategic Communications
• Social Media Management
• Marketing & Public Relations
• Advertising & Brand Management
• HR, Membership & Community Management
Eligibility Requirements for Volunteering
Pleasant and professional demeanour in-person and in writing
Ability to work independently and ability to work closely with team members on joint tasks
Ability to build and maintain relationships with other team members, colleagues, participants, and other stakeholders.
Great attention to detail
Flexibility to deal with changes as they arise
Capable of Multi-tasking
Willingness to learn and adapt
Must be well-versed in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Zoom as well as able to learn new software.
Enjoys being responsible for a variety of different tasks
Understands the logistics to coordinate events
Interested in volunteering? Click Here to Apply
Click Here to Schedule a 30-minute Complimentary Conversation with a Member of our Community.